Dept. of Pali’s Post-Graduate Certificate Course in Applied Buddhist Psychology & Ethics
Understanding & Applying Buddhist Psychology, Philosophy & Analytical approaches to problems of daily modern life………
- This course offered by the Department of Pali, Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) is taught by Senior Faculty of WCCL Foundation.
- Designed for working professionals and students – Weekend Workshops, coupled with a week-long master class (lectures by visiting Tibetan Scholars) during the one year period. See the course calendar in the detailed prospectus below.
- Course includes Theory & Practicals. (Participants are encouraged to use this one year as a genuine period for mind training)
This course is recommended for:
- Students who can devote time for attending classes at least 90 % of the time
- Want to practice what they learnt, so that they see merit in the prescribed meditations & contemplations.
- Students who are willing and prepared for analytical thinking because these subjects are a product of fully-developed philosophical insights, reasoning & experience.
- Students who can see exams and assignments as part of assimilating their understanding. Therefore, participate in them whole-heartedly, as per university requirements
1. Online application starts in June. Fill online application form & pay admission fee Rs. 400
2. Visit department of Pali and submit the form
3. After the admission list is announced visit dept. of Pali & pay fees
DETAILED ADMISSION PROCESS:
1. FILL ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
a) Go to http://www.unipune.ac.in.
Click on PG Courses Admissions (Current Year)
On this page choose the option “Without Entrance Examination”. You will reach this page: http://www.unipune.ac.in/pgadmissions/WOE/default.asp
b) Choose “Apply Online” for Post Graduate Certificate (Applied Mahayana Buddhist Psychology & Ethics) in section ‘Department of Pali’
c) Fill-in the application form online
d) Choose the mode of payment (online / cash) for application fee (approx. Rs 400/- for open category) and generate challan. You can pay online or in HDFC / Maharashtra banks as specified on this page.
e) Print the completed application form, paste your photograph on it.
If you have any issue with the online processing, kindly contact Mr. Gunthal 020-25601344 in Pali Department.
2. SUBMIT FORM AND PAID CHALLAN TO DEPARTMENT OF PALI
+ Printed application form
+ Application fee, paid copy of challan
+ Caste certificate (if applicable)
+ Std. X, Std. XII and Graduation certificate copies
+ Any other documentation relevant as per application form categories
Submit it to Department of Pali, Savitribai Phule University, opposite PUMBA.
Directions to reach Dept. of Pali, SPPU
From the Main gate of Pune University, follow the right hand side at the first fork. Take the first right turn (at the corner, you will spot the sign ‘Depatment of Pali’), follow the road, which turns left, and on the right hand side, (adjacent to Department of Microbiology and opposite PUMBA – Management Department) is the Department of Pali.
Department’s phone: 020 – 25601344 / 25601389.
c) In the Department (11am to 1pm; 2pm to 4pm) meet Mrs. Chavan and submit your form and paid challan. (phone: 020 – 25601389)
3. ELIGIBILITY CHECKED AND MERIT LIST FOR ADMISSION
The Dept. of Pali will put up a list of selected candidates on the department board. Kindly be in touch with the department by phone or email. WCCL Foundation will also ensure that we intimate the successful candidates. An email notifying you of your admission can be sent to you. For that, please ensure that the applicant has given his/her email id in the Pali Department.